San Francisco Inn Near Golden Gate Park
At just five minutes away, Metro Hotel is one of the closest hotels near Golden Gate Park. This famous attraction has 1,017 acres (making it 20% bigger than New York’s Central park) and 13 million visitors annually.
Other major attractions include:
- The Conservatory of Flowers, a large botanical greenhouse.
- The de Young Museum, home to American art from the 17th to the 21st century.
- The Japanese Tea Garden, the oldest public Japanese garden in the U.S.
- The California Academy of Sciences, one of the largest natural history museums in the world.
There are also many activities to participate in at Golden Gate Park:
- Rent a paddle boat, rowboat, or electric boat at Stow Lake.
- The Children's Playground includes a 1912 carousel.
- Play soccer, frisbee, football, or just catch some rays at Polo Field (Golden Gate Park Stadium).
- Enjoy the tulip gardens and Dutch-styled windmills.
- Watch model yachts sail on Spreckels Lake.
- Watch the small herd at the bison paddock.
- Enjoy music at the Bandshell (Spreckels Temple of Music)
- Rent rollerblades, jog, or bike.
We know you will have a great time at Golden Gate Park! Visit our other San Francisco activities and attractions near the Metro Hotel.
Call 415-861-5364 to learn more about our affordable hotel in San Francisco.